2009年7月27日星期一

Kaizen

Definition of Kaizen:

Kaizen (改善, Japanese for "improvement") is a Japanese philosophy that focuses on continuous improvement throughout all aspects of life. When applied to the workplace, Kaizen activities continually improve all functions of a business, from manufacturing to management and from the CEO to the assembly line workers.[1] By improving standardized activities and processes, Kaizen aims to eliminate waste (see Lean manufacturing). Kaizen was first implemented in several Japanese businesses during the country's recovery after World War II and has since spread to businesses throughout the world.[2]

I know the word "Kaizen" since my degree studies; something related to continuous improvement. However what Kaizen I found out in my workplace real very funny. Boss want racked our brains for ideas of Kaizen weekly @@. Then the time I browse the ideas of Kaizen by other colleagues, I will read them with uncontrollable laugh. There is a gap between kaizen thinking from my understanding and the one really applied to workplace.

One of my colleague teach me a very tricky kaizen way^^. The tactic that boss told her, as she mentioned. LOL~ even an added or changes of one sentence also can treat as kaizen. Phew~ Then my that colleague prolong the ideas of Kaizen for few months. Simply put the idea at 1st week then do some modification on it & added in some other ideas throughout the months. I.e. the idea of Kaizen that can finished by one time but she intentionally put it for few months^^. How ridiculous it is. LOLZ.

Tomorrow, my forth time changes working environment in same company. Phew~ changes from one seat to another seat. This is one of the cultures of our company. Phew~ And I will be move from seat behind B to seat beside B. Feel funny bo? LOLZ.. Is it the kind of Kaizen? @@

没有评论:

发表评论